Walk about 2018 Our first night was a stop at the Virgin River Gorge campground before setting a more permanent camp for 3 nights at Lower Calf Creek Falls in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. The campground is the trailhead for the 3 mile hike into Lower Calf Creek Falls, a 126 foot cascade which later…Continue Reading “Lower Calf Creek Falls”
As many of you know when school ends for the summer we head out onto the road to attend weekend hot air balloon events and between events we camp and explore while living in an R-Pod trailer with our Great Dane, Martok. This was actually Martok’s first summer with us, we adopted him in late April.
Stats for this year’s trip:
- ~9500 miles driven
- 2 countries (US, Canada)
- 7 states (California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado)
- 7 National Parks (Glacier, Waterton Lakes, Banff, Jasper, Yellowstone, Tetons and Rocky Mountain)
- 7 balloon events (High Sierra Balloon Camp, Panguitch, Driggs, Riverton, Casper, Walden and Craig)
- 1 balloon tether
- 120 lbs of dog food
- ≥ 8 boat inspections for invasive species control
- 1 total eclipse of the sun
Here are a couple of quick postcards from the road trip so far.